Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unplugged weddings!

Happy weekend everyone!!  I just got done completing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k this morning with Glen.  Lots of pink! Everywhere!

Along the race route, I saw many weddings in the early stages of set up.  Today is going to be a busy day downtown! 
I have a wedding rehearsal today with my co-author, +Chad Baker of +Married in Savannah and +Elope to Savannah, in one of the squares and then we have a wedding tonight at 7! I'm so excited since the weather is so gorgeous and spring is in the air!

After I got home from the race, I was checking facebook for photos and I came across this:


Photo by Brian Mac Stay Photography

This is a problem all of us photographers have: fighting the family paparazzi! It is infinitely annoying to try to compete with a mob of family members trying to get the same shot as you or shooting over your shoulder.  But what is really sad, is that while everyone is trying to get the perfect shot while ruining MINE, they aren't paying attention to what's happening!  Notice the lady on the left isn't even facing the couple!
When I am hired as a photographer, I will get all the shots everyone needs of the important events...especially during the key moments and the ceremony especially. So everyone, think about putting your cameras, phones and for the LOVE of everything GOOD PLEASE LEAVE THE IPADS at home hahaha!!!

Trust me, I've been doing this for a while, I'll get the shot. That's why the couple hired me and it's my job.

Candid shots by guests at the reception are fine, but the ceremony needs to be paid attention to, in my opinion.  Otherwise, your friends or family will end up with photos like this!

So my advice to you is put the electronics away during the ceremony at least and trust the professionals. That's why we're there!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment